Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Christmas Wish List

A few weeks after arriving here at the farm Grandma & Grandpa received the all wonderful SEARS WISH BOOK in the mail. I'm sure I am not the only one as a child that used to go through the book until it's pages were well worn and familiar, circling my Christmas wish items or sometimes for the really, really important items, even tearing out a page or two.

Well Christmas time is just around the corner, as Wal-Mart has wonderfully reminded me by putting out their wrapping paper before the Halloween costumes are even off the racks yet. This Christmas is going to be very different for our family though. We are already receiveing one of the most beautiful gifts imaginable, our daughter Audrey Grace. Who knows, we may even still be in the hospital for Christmas this year, if necessary. I guess it goes without saying that my wish list for this Christmas is a little different than usual...

1. My very first wish is for a job for my husband. Not just for the obvious reasons like food & shelter, but for his well being too. I want him to know that he is doing his very best, but I know for most men that means providing in some way for their family. This is what I wish for the most.

2. My second wish is to be settled in a place we can call HOME before our daughter arrives. Wherever that is geographically doesn't even matter. I just want to be under the same roof as my husband, son and daughter, especially for Christmas.

3. Thirdly, I wish for a safe delivery for Audrey Grace. We have no reason to suspect or anticipate any problems, so we are just believing that everything will go smoothly. We can't wait to meet our little girl!

4. Some much needed baby items; this is the longer list.

A double baby stroller,
A white baby crib and dresser/change table,
Some much needed girls winter clothes for a newborn,
And a variety of general baby items (you can look up our registry at Wal-Mart.com)

If all these wishes/prayers are answered then nothing else would make me happier. I must say that I am looking forward to the passing of Halloween so that the Christmas spirit can arrive in full glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment