Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Very Early Morning

Today I have discovered it is very hard to find something to do at 2:15 in the morning that won't disturb everyone else in the household. I have been wide awake all morning and the internet is the only quiet option that seems to be helping me cope. Only 13 more days until all my time will be filled with middle of the night feedings, but until then what's a girl to do?

I have caught up on blogs that I follow, definitely enjoying reading about other peoples lives in warmer places while our temperatures plument below -20C or worse. It is supposed to "warm up" this week, maybe the snow will melt briefly but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Today I have my second last appointment with Dr. Browne before the big day. I'll see him again next week before my pre-op appointment at the hospital on Christmas Eve. Such a strange time of year to be having a baby - if we could have planned around it, we would have! I know that as parents it has crossed my mind how hard it will be to make sure that Audrey has a special birthday each year that isn't over crowded with Christmas and New Years celebrations. A new parenting challenge indeed!

Please (continue) praying for us as Mike has yet to secure work here or elsewhere. At this point desperation is setting in a little bit and we are willing to go wherever we have to to be able to provide for our family. I will most likely be returning to work in some capacity, so please pray that my former employer will re-hire me in their Lethbridge office so that I can be close to my immediate family. Please also pray for Mike to receive a job offer come January.

Well, I think I am going to sneek back into the bedroom and try to get some shut eye before Harrison sings we awake with his sweet chanting of "mama, mama" in about 3 hours time. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment