Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Last Day

Wow! It is so hard to believe that today was our last day as a family of three! I really wanted to spend the day with Harrison, sledding or doing whatever makes him happy these days but unfortunately he has not been feeling well and did not feel like doing much today, so we hung out inside and tried to just enjoy the day together.

Over the last week I have been having various levels of anxiety about naming the baby Audrey. I think the name is beautiful and I like the meaning (noble strength) but I just didn't LOVE IT, you know? I have since been reassured by several moms that this is something normal to experience. I didn't think it was "normal" because with Harrison I was sure from the day we decided and never wavered. This was new to me and has been the cause of many sleepless nights this week. Mike and I have now decided on a "new" baby name but are going to wait to meet her tomorrow before making the big announcement. Stay posted for an update soon!

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were wonderful for us. Harrison definitely has the knack of opening gifts now. Last year it was fun to help him and watch his reactions but this year it was hard to keep him out of the gifts that weren't for him - he wanted to help everyone else! My what a difference a year makes!

I am so excited to meet our daughter tomorrow, I know it's going to be hard to sleep tonight! I've loaded up on the sleepytime tea, so I hope that helps. We head into the hospital at 8 am tomorrow morning, but since the OR is not officially "open" we may be waiting around as any emergencies will obviously take priority, as they are running on fewer staff than normal due to the holidays. My brother and his wife are going to be there in the morning with us and my parents will come visit later in the day as we are only allowed 2 visitors at a time because of the H1N1 risk. Also, sadly Harrison cannot come to the hospital at all because of the H1N1. This is sad for me because I know I'll miss him terribly. He'll also have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday to meet his baby sister for the first time. I understand why, but it is still sad for us.

So will she look like me or Mike? Will she have a head full of hair? I made her a cute (not-so-little) headband with a large white daisy on it, can't wait to share our photos! I pray your holidays are going wonderfully for you and your families. Can't wait to start off our new year with another bundle of joy!

Much love,
The Burnetts

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to meet her! I called yesterday & Mom said you were both doing fine! Happy New Year on this blue moon!!! xxxx's from Peru

    ReplyDelete