Friday, October 1, 2010

Stirrings

Have you ever had sort of a nagging thought that just wouldn't go away? Like the ones that keep you awake into the wee hours of the night when you know you should be sound asleep? My general interpretation of that situation is that if a thought just won't "go away" it's likely the Holy Spirit trying to communicate something to you.  And if you're anything like me, sometimes it takes a little while until I get the message!


Ever since I was a young woman, just out college I was always passionate about having a "nice" home, whether it was rented or owned, just something nice that I could be proud of.  A place filled with "things" that made me and others feel comfortable.  Somewhere I could invite friends and family over for an afternoon or evening of fun. Since about that time I've also been drawn more and more to home decorating through shows, books, and magazines.


Since I was a fairly new Christian at that point in my life, I did not really know much about spiritual gifts.  I did not know that God gives them to every believer, and I did not know that one of my strongest giftings is in hospitality.  Of course today that all makes perfect sense! Just as strong is my gift for administration, and if you know me at all, that should make perfect sense, too! My husbands strongest gift is giving, just FYI.  [If you'd like to find out what your spiritual gifts are, click here to take a simple test that will help you.]


Since my encounter with the Lord last Sunday when I was driving home from Great Falls until now the Holy Spirit has been stirring inside me. Almost constantly. Not nagging, just gently and tenderly rearranging what I've known has been inside all along.  Sort of like sorting out the puzzle pieces. There has been one word resounding with me for days now...


HOME.  Initially I pondered/meditated on this for a few days before I said anything to anyone because I actually found it quite funny since we are essentially HOME-less, or without a home.  Yes, we have a roof over our head with our family that has been so generous to us, but we are still without a place to call our own.  Finally last night I was able to have some 1-on-1 conversation with Mike (with the babes) and to share what has been going on inside my hear the last few days.


While I was meditating the song by Carrie Underwood, Temporary HOME came to my mind, too.  I really love this song and what it stands for.  I hope you will give it a listen or maybe even take a few extra minutes to watch the video.


The chorus goes: 
"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."

The song really stirs something in my Spirit, because it is a great perspective on our time here on Earth. This is just our Temporary Home.  My Permanent Home is still waiting for me, Praise God!


I'm just now realizing that this may be a very long post, so I think I will try to break it up into a few separate posts to keep the reading light and easy.  This is probably a good place to stop for tonight. I promise I will do my best to make all these thoughts make sense, in due time!


Draw near to Jesus,
Momma J

1 comment:

  1. Excited for your journey to be covering ground at a quicker pace than you expected! Excited for what the future holds! xxxx

    ReplyDelete