Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sink or Swim

Oh. My.

Harrison loves his swim lessons! I thought he'd like them but I wasn't expecting he'd really LOVE them.  His teacher Ms. Stacey is awesome.  She is great with the kids, relates to them on their level and is patient yet firm; all qualities of an excellent teacher in my opinion!

There are 6 kids in Harrison's class, ages 3-5.  He looks like one of the tallest/oldest but he barely qualified age wise to take the lessons this year.  Everyone wears a floaty belt for the first 15 minutes of the lesson then they get the option to swim without their belts.

Well, of course Harrison chose "no belt" and jumped into the arms of his teacher from the ledge.  Then while another child was having their turn (when he was supposed to be hanging on to the edge of the pool) he decided to try again, without the teacher.  Under he went.  I panicked initially until I saw that both Ms. Stacey and the lifeguard were both springing to action.  I'm actually glad that he did it on the first day so that from now on he might be a little more careful!

Here's to 3 more weeks of great progress & fun!

Getting his belt on

patiently waiting his turn

what a cute class!

not quite getting the idea of "big" kicks

pulling himself out of the pool

chasing after the ball

just before he went under (no belt)

No comments:

Post a Comment