Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Radically New

If you know me at all, you will know that I have very little of a life outside of my church, church friends, and my service in the church.  I am not boasting about this at all, it is merely a fact about myself. I have chosen this path because it is my sole (and soul!) desire to see revival fires burn throughout America and even all of North America; to radically change the way we "do" life, family, and church.

I've been listening to a lot of teachings lately. As many as I can get my hands on really.  I am hungry for more of God. To learn His ways, how to recognize Him, hear Him, to walk with Him and talk with Him.  To help me I've also been reading lots of books, too.  You'd be surprised how God can radically change your life when you cut out all the junk- tv shows, radio, modern entertainment.  

I read something very recently from a book by Ruth Ward Heflin published in 1999 called River Glory.  This passage put into words exactly how I've been feeling for awhile:

"God is doing new things, and I like that.  I have had many wonderful experiences in Him, but unless I am touched in a new way in every service, unless God reveals something to me that I have not known before, unless I have a fresh insight, unless I feel the quickening of His Spirit in new ways, I am not satisfied.  I am determined to keep reaching into the eternal realm of the Spirit of God, I insist on stepping into new liberty, I refuse to take a single step backward, and I continue to claim new territory in God.

God is doing things differently than we could have anticipated. He is sending revival in His own way and is calling for a people who will accept revival on His terms."

I am learning how to see and experience revival on Gods terms.  It's not necessarily going to look like what I want, but He knows what is best!  He knows what we truly need.

I encourage you to experience something new in Christ today.  If you don't pray, maybe start there. Talk to God. He wants a relationship with you.  Did you know he calls you friend?

Do you worship God at home?  Maybe put some music on and praise Him. Let God take you into a deep place of worship with Him.

Do something new.  Do something radically new.  Ask Him to take you there.  Do not be satisfied with the status quo, because just look around you. It's obviously not working. It's not working for you, your family, your city, or the nation.  My prayer for you today is that you to experience more of what God has for you today.

Bless you!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl! Nice to see a post! And nice to hear the fire is still burning! Miss you! Happy Birthday Week Burnett's! xxxx

    ReplyDelete