Monday, March 14, 2011

Trucks, sprinklers and mud cakes!

Wow! I feel like every blog post I make starts out with an apology for how long I've been away!  I love writing and really, REALLY intend to find more time in my day for it...  I can't even cut out TV shows, since we don't watch TV.  Maybe I just need to fine tune my time management skills a little bit more!

Last Saturday (March 5) Mike drove to DFW and picked up Paula, Josh and Cole from the airport.  It was a last minute decision for them to escape to Abilene and I'm so happy that they did!  The weather here has been co-operating fabulously for the boys to get some much needed fun in the sun.  Our backyard is finally getting some use!

It's been so great catching up with Paula, and to see the boys really getting to know each other.  Harrison and Cole are both 2 (only a couple months apart) and they've been butting heads quite a bit with their 2-year-old personalities.  Fun times!

Our guests are here until Wednesday when I'll drive them back to Dallas so they can visit another friend from Alberta, before flying home.  I'm excited too because I'm going to take the opportunity to stop in at Sam Moon and Sam Mi to browse the hand bags, jewellery, and house wares.  Goody, goody!

Check out the kiddos basking in the sun!




















1 comment:

  1. Yay! So happy to see a new post! The boys look like they are having a blast! Wish I was there to play in the mud too! Big hugs from Tortola! Tomorrow I shark dive! Dun-dun. Dun-dun. Dun-dun, dun-dun... (you know, the Jaws theme!) xxxx Hugs from Aunty Jill & Uncle Jaco!

    ReplyDelete