Thursday, August 5, 2010

Creeping, Crawling...

If this post doesn't make the most sense it's because the rest of my family is behind me in the living room laughing and squealing while they joke and wrestle.  It's great but I'm finding it just a bit distracting!!

Lots of new things happening in the Burnett household lately, but that's not really all that new! Things are always changing for us.  Change is good! They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom. ~Confucius

Biggest changes are happening for Miss Heidi Jo.  She is now very mobile, crawling all over the place! It's awesome to see her beam with the accomplishment of getting herself from point A to B.  I have no doubt this phase will  be short as she tries to keep up with her big brother!  We have also started feeding baby food, baby cereal and small bits of "real" food like Cheerios, Animal Crackers etc.  She has two front teeth and is adorable as ever.  We try to do the Baby Can Read set with her when our schedule allows but I'll be the first to admit that it's not as often as I'd like.  We are struggling to stick to our routine with two parents at home, but we do manage to follow it for the most part.  I am realizing that we need to ramp up our parenting skills to keep up to Harrison's development. I am reading "Boundaries with Kids" and I am finding it very useful and practical.  It is biblically based and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with kids over a year old.

Harrison is struggling a bit with the increase in attention we are giving Jojo for her progress.  He loves her to pieces but ugly jealousy has been rearing it's head from time to time.  It's hard to give them the attention they both need at the exact same time, but we try!  Hopefully we can use this time to teach respect and understanding for others.  How do you moms with 4 and 5 kids do it?!? All I know is that we do the best every day with the tools that we have.

Here's a few candids for your daily laugh:

bubbles anyone?


Miss Independent


All Grins

I can't tell if Heidi is scared for her life here or on the verge of a laugh

 
Paparazzi!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I can't wait to see them on Sunday!!! I can't believe Heidi is crawling already AND she has teeth!!!! I just saw her!!! 2 weeks ago!!! Noooo!!! Too fast!!!! She's growing too fast!!!! Big hugs from Aunty Jill!!! & Tina!!! And Harrison's vocabulary!!! My word!xxxx

    ReplyDelete