Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Keester!

Exciting times at the Burnett house these days.  Momma is keeping busy with triathlon training (only 129 days and counting), Daddy is busy with a few paper routes, Heidi is as happy as can be and Harrison is about to embark on a BIG 3 day adventure!
Potty training days have arrived for us. I am very excited to take this next step for a couple different reasons.  One, when you are living on a tight budget every dollar counts. Diapers are expensive, especially having 2 kids to cover.  The second reason is mainly because I think he's ready.  He is recognizing when he goes "pee-pee" or "boop" and of course, he doesn't like the feeling of it, which is a very good thing.  I am glad I am blogging about it the night before, not tomorrow after I've cleaned up 30 accidents.  Please pray that this is a positive experience for all involved and that I am consistent and patient with him as he learns to be a BIG BOY.  This method guarantees that your child will be trained in 3 days if you strictly follow the steps. I look forward to posting some good news come Sunday!

Other changes are on the way for the kids too.  Heidi has been sleeping in our room in her playpen but is sleeping well through the night now, so we are going to start putting her in her crib in the other room.  Since we are in a small apartment (and likely will be for awhile) both kids need to get used to sharing a room with each other.  I know it will be a good thing, eventually.  We may have some interrupted nights at first. I pray they surprise me!

The next big step will be to transition Harrison to a BIG BOY bed.  We will wait on this until potty training is successfully completed.  He is already such a big boy.  It is so hard to believe that Harrison turns 2 next month.  Wow.  It has been a super crazy year for our family and it is hard to look back and think that last year we celebrated his 1 year birthday with a pool party at our house in Texas.  This year we are planning on having a Cowboy themed party at Grandpa & Grandma's farm in Fort MacLeod.  It should be fun!

Other news for me this week was that I started my new job at Coffee Traders here in Cochrane.  I love it!  They are an independent coffee roaster and retailer.  I am working at the warehouse site which also sells retail items and serves coffee.  When there are customers I will be making drinks and serving coffees, but when things are quiet I will be mixing/blending beans, bagging beans, and filling warehouse orders.  The hours are absolutely perfect because I didn't want a 8-5 job where I was away from the house all day, every day.  For the month of April I start at 7:30am and work until the days tasks are done.  The retail part closes every day at 1:30pm, so if there aren't any other pressing tasks I go home after that.  If there are still jobs to be done I stay until they are done. It is so nice to come home (usually Harrison is still down for his afternoon nap) and have the entire afternoon and evening with Mike and the kids.  The owners are really awesome people too, which makes it that much better. I will be sure to take some pictures of the shop soon.

Enjoy celebrating the Easter holiday wherever you are.  Jesus is the reason we celebrate. He died on the cross so that we may all one day live a sinless, eternal life with our Heavenly Father. Do not take it for granted. Accept this beautiful free gift and learn to walk in the freedom God has given us.  Yes He died a grueling death on the cross but the best part is that on the third day He rose from the grave because death could not hold Him.  Jesus is alive today!! Let us celebrate together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment