Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hot or Cold?

Just a few minutes ago, while standing at the stove making something for the kids to eat later on today I received a revelation from the Father.  As the dish was slowly warming to a boil it was time to add extra ingredients, one at a time.  I felt He shared these thoughts with me.


"Jenn, would you consider yourself hot or cold?"


"I would like to think HOT Papa" I answered.


"Watch how adding one small thing to your pot can make it warm, instead of boiling hot!"


Sure enough, just as the dish was about to boil and I added something new, it cooled off enough to stop it from erupting into a full boil.


"Be mindful and watch what you are adding to your life. Make sure these things are increasing the fire, not causing you to cool off and die."


Wow.  Sure enough I knew instantly which "things" in my life I need less or none of.  But I am also willing to let the Holy Spirit continue the process and search out anything else that may cause me to cool off.


He reminded me of the following scriptures.  The Word of God has some pretty heavy things to say about being hot or cold:


Matthew 24:12 [NIV]
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold


Revelation 3:15 [NIV]
I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!


Revelation 3:16 [NIV]
So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.


I believe that this is meant to be an encouragement to me and to you today.  An encouragement, you say!?! Yes!  It is my understanding that the danger of being lukewarm, or cold is that it strips us of our inheritance that Jesus died on the cross for.  When we aren't on fire for Him, and we can't see beyond the situations our own lives and daily routine how can we share His wild, crazy, passionate love with others? He is burning hot for us! That is how much He loves us!


What have you added to your life that has caused a drop in temperature? What can you add or take away to get that fire burning strong?

No comments:

Post a Comment